website statistics


Woman mistakenly pronounced dead by medics

By  | 

The shocking incident in the USA. In Detroit, a 20-year-old woman was pronounced dead after a medical emergency. Shortly afterward, the woman was bagged in a body bag and taken to a funeral home. When the undertakers were about to prepare the woman for embalming, the woman suddenly opened her eyes. She is now in a Detroit hospital.


Timesha Beauchamp was suddenly breathing again.

An employee of a funeral home in Southfield, Michigan, had the shock of his life. When he tried to prepare the alleged body of Timesha Beauchamp for burial and opened the body bag, the 20-year-old suddenly breathed again. Rescue workers had wrongly declared the young woman dead – with consequences.


20-year-old is said to have been declared dead by phone

Funeral home workers were about to prepare Beauchamp’s body for embalming when the unbelievable happened: She opened her eyes and breathed a sigh of relief, says Geoffrey Fieger, the family’s lawyer, CNN, “They were about to drain her blood when she did opened his eyes. ”

What happened? Last Sunday, the emergency services in Southfield, near Detroit, received an emergency call. The young woman suddenly had pale lips and breathing difficulties; she was not responsive; the local fire department confirmed. According to CNN, the 20-year-old has had cerebral palsy, a movement disorder, since birth. Because of her illness, she needs three ventilation treatments a day.

Then paramedics drove to her house around 7:30 a.m. and tried to reanimate Beauchamp with a heart-lung massage for around 30 minutes, allegedly without success. Then they contacted an ambulance, which finally declared the 20-year-old dead by phone and handed the body over to her family without a further autopsy.


Godmother heard the young woman breathing.

As CNN further reports, Beauchamp’s godmother, a trained nurse, had rushed to the paramedics and told them that she could hear her godchild breathing and see him move. She also thought she could feel a pulse. “Then the paramedics immediately grabbed their equipment and went back and re-examined it,” said Johnny Menifee, the Southfield fire chief. However, they would not have been able to detect breathing. Even when the police arrived later and were examined again, no sign of life was found.

After more than two hours, Beauchamp’s body finally arrived at the funeral home. The employees couldn’t believe their eyes when she suddenly opened her eyes and took a deep breath. They immediately alerted an ambulance, writes CNN. On Monday night, the 20-year-old was in critical condition and said a hospital spokesman where the woman was admitted. There is still no exact diagnosis, but one prayed for it said lawyer Fieger.


The family wants to file suit against paramedics.

The responsible fire department announced on Monday that they wanted to investigate the case thoroughly. Those responsible had adhered to all prescribed procedures, explains fire chief Menifee to CNN. The rescue workers concerned were given leave of absence on Thursday. What happened to the young woman was “deeply worrying,” explained Menifee, but indicated that something like this could occur. As lawyer Fieger explains, the family now wants to file a lawsuit against the paramedics.


Jessica writes occasionally for BuzzyNetwork. She specialized writing with the topic related to entertainment and celebrity.